My friend Kristine shared her fruit cleansing recipe recently and once I tried it, I was hooked! Mostly because the addition of citrus essential oil just adds a BURST of summery flavor to whatever fruit I'm cleaning.
I know Kristine had measurements, but I kind of suck at measuring stuff. So here's what I do:
- fill my mama's giant sliver bowl with fruit
- just barely cover with water
- pour in a bit more than a splash of white vinegar (or ACV)
- add 2-3 drops of any citrus oil (lemon, orange, grapefruit, whatever is handy)
- let sit for about 5 minutes
- swirl again
Even though you'll rinse the fruit, there's just a tiny hint of the citrus oil. Tiny. Hint. It's amazing and my favorite way to enjoy fresh fruit!
PSA: we are not loyal to any of the big name essential oil brands, in fact, you'll find no affiliate link with us or need to sign up or buy. Sound too good to be true? Read all about it and find out where we get our oils at!