My friend Kristine shared her fruit cleansing recipe recently and once I tried it, I was hooked! Mostly because the addition of citrus essential oil just adds a BURST of summery flavor to whatever fruit I'm cleaning.
I know Kristine had measurements, but I kind of suck at measuring stuff. So here's what I do:
- fill my mama's giant sliver bowl with fruit
- just barely cover with water
- pour in a bit more than a splash of white vinegar (or ACV)
- add 2-3 drops of any citrus oil (lemon, orange, grapefruit, whatever is handy)
- let sit for about 5 minutes
- swirl again
Even though you'll rinse the fruit, there's just a tiny hint of the citrus oil. Tiny. Hint. It's amazing and my favorite way to enjoy fresh fruit! The kids love the taste!
I love my Young Living oils - and though I don't sell them, my sister does! Follow her for great wellness tips + ideas!