HAVE PHOTOS WILL PROCESS
You've taken the photos. You like them. You're proud. But you feel like there could be just something more. The idea of Photoshop has perhaps overwhelmed you before, but have no fear. It's more like the monster under your bed that ended up being a sock.
In Have Photos Will Process, I'll walk you through my own personal post-processing journey. From the moment I upload my images to Lightroom, until I export them over to Photoshop, and then eventually save in my own nifty organizational folder system I like to call "The Infinity Folder System".
For this one-day workshop, you'll finally dive in and not only get your feet wet, but find yourself wanting to go in and process every photo you've ever taken. Pace yourself. It's an addicting world.
Now of course, I want you to understand that though we will be learning a lot of basics (and more) when it comes to these two programs, the general idea is that I'll be sharing what I've learned in seven years of this. What works best for me and what I've found doesn't. I'll tell you (and show you) which actions I love the best and how I use them. No editing question is off limits. If I do it, I'll show you.
Please note: this class does not teach the technical side of photography, please be familiar with your camera + shooting in manual mode/getting a proper exposure in camera, prior to this workshop.
HPWP will be taught using the latest versions of Adobe Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC. You can download a 30 day free trial of these products by clicking here OR take advantage of the Photographer Plan through Adobe's Creative Cloud - for just $9.99/m you can have full access to BOTH programs and any updates released. Amazing deal. Click here to do so.
Please know: Lightroom 3, 4, or 5 would be acceptable - as with Photoshop CS5, CS6 or CC. Anything older, as well as Photoshop Elements is not recommended for this class. PLEASE also be sure these programs are installed on your computer prior to class.
Here is what we will cover:
- Lightroom: Not only is this program an amazing organizational system, but I like to think of it as a digital dark room. Learn to streamline your editing process, organize photos, and with just a few simple clicks, make your images pop. This is the first thing I use for uploading my images to the computer. I couldn't edit without it. Also covered: Lightroom Presets.
- Photoshop: Photoshop is an all around, must-have. Learn the various tools for hand editing your images, as well as the joys of Photoshop Actions and finding which ones might suit you best, as well as learning to make your own. Learn shortcuts for making your time in Photoshop quick and painless, as well as adding text and resizing images for web use. I share how I use Photoshop and some of my favorite tricks for taking my image from point a to point b.
- Organization: Sharing again, the process that I've found works best for me, the "Infinity Folder System". How I store and keep track of my personal and business photos.
What to bring:
- Your computer: laptop OR desktop.
- Your full memory card(s) with photos to work with.
- Your camera.
What will you get:
- A great time!
- Lunch, yum.
- A Have Photos Will Process workbook full of guides, tips and tricks, shortcuts, and lots more.
Do you have a small group of interested friends?
Fill out the form below, and I'll be in touch to schedule your workshop!